KLS Foundation is seeking volunteers
Dear KLS community,
As you know, the Kleine-Levin Syndrome (KLS) Foundation is a volunteer-run patient advocacy group established 16 years ago to support patients, families and healthcare professionals dealing with KLS.
The KLS Foundation Board is now seeking to expand our capabilities to better serve the KLS community and bolster research initiatives. This is your opportunity to volunteer your skills and time, to a cause you care about.
The KLS Foundation has begun a KLS related database of patient, community and professional contacts to help KLS families and to support research efforts. The KLS Foundation is very much in need of one or more individuals with expertise in managing databases to assist the Foundation to improve the utility of this database resource.
We envision that this would include:
– assessing the appropriate database application for our size and requirements
– designing the best means to capture and use information
– designing a plan for ongoing active management of the database, including appropriate security
– updating the current database
– benchmarking our database to other patient support groups to maximize utility
– implementing and maintaining the appropriate solutions
Experience with databases for non-profit or small business organizations would be helpful.
This is a great opportunity to contribute and get involved in the KLS Foundation. Volunteerism is a way to achieve satisfaction and accomplishment. Please consider taking up the challenge to make a significant contribution.
If you are interested please contact the KLS foundation at: http://klsfoundation.org/contact-us/